This introductory course on co-dependency spans four weeks. We will look into what co-dependency and addiction are and how and why they work together. In this class you will be asked to do some worksheets and a small amount of reading that will help you go deeper with God and surrender the pain or control that has been affecting your life.
This session is for women only. The men’s course will be in the spring (more information will be available soon).
This course will answer such questions as
- What is codependency and where does it come from?
- What emotional strongholds are keeping you back from healthy relationships?
- What is the difference between true love and counterfeit love?
- How can I let go of control and learn to trust God?
Current Course Information
- When: Sundays, February 12-March 5
- Time: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Where: reCreation Room (2447 N Monticello Ave, Chicago, IL 60647)
- Teacher: Heather Love
Resources (not required)
- The Christian Codependence Recovery Workbook (recommended)
- Grace for the Good Girl (recommended)
- Week 1 – February 12: Facing Codependence & Family Systems
- Week 2 – February 19: Emotional Strongholds
- Week 3 – February 26: Love Systems
- Week 4 – March 5: Ceasing Control: the Pathway to Surrender
The mission of Real University (Real U) is to train disciples to fulfill their spiritual calling in each step of their journey through education, training, and practical experience. This class is one of the many courses offered through Real U. Learn more.